With a good plastic card, the business possibilities are endless.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can prevent cards from ending up in the landfill by recycling old plastic cards.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- Plastic cards are actually a good thing for the environment!
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and making sure you find the right one for the job requires a careful examination of your needs.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Receive award-winning service from experienced ID professionals.
Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices.
Real product reviews from customers like you. Pay only half of what you expected with our everyday low prices. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Top 5 Factors to Think about Before Purchasing an ID Card Printer
Please don’t make shopping for an ID card printer any more overwhelming than it needs to be, just simply focus on the top five key issues to reduce your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Single-sided printers are less expensive, but you will be obliged to manually flip a card and print on the back side of the card. Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They infuse color onto cards with a ribbon with panels, but they have a tendency to leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
If your company prints in larger batches you’ll want a printer with a large hopper size, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
If you own a smaller business and won’t be printing larger batches, you can save money by opting for a basic printer that doesn’t have features for high-volume printing. 4. Lamination and visual security Laminating ID cards significantly increases the durability and cost of ID cards. This process is essential for cards swiped or otherwise handled regularly.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
There are some considerably less expensive methods of adding visual security, for instance using holographic card stock, watermarks, and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
You can directly connect your ID card printer to a PC with a USB cable.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
An ID card printer can also be called a PVC card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. PVC card printers can consequently mean all types of photo ID makers. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. The two most common types of printers are "dye sublimation" and "reverse transfer" models. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular of ID card printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) along its length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where needed, and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is the term use for color PVC card printers. For the same method used for black and white printing, the process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download a brochure, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer to print a card on both sides.
You can use this single-sided printer, and flip the card over to print on the back side of the card.
This will allow you to save $600, which is a difference between a dual-sided card printer and this single-sided version.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides a turnkey solution for Mac or PC. The solution includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) to complete 100 prints.
In addition, a card template library is available for free at www.badgy.com so you can personalize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND The Badgy200 allows you to instantly print your own cards without any other assistance.
You can print your badges as your need for them increases - in small batches or as single cards. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also customize cards by importing data from a database, adding information to your card designs with one-click convenience, and doing a print run with a single command, merging the variable data.
A Stronger Brand Image
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both conveniently located on the front of the printer.
The entire process is completed through the very simple and straightforward Badgy Premium Suite software that can be run on any PC. It’s very easy to install and recognize the Badgy print ribbons.
The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, which means it will easily fit into nearly any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your very own customized badge colors, all with professional quality at any time you’d like! It provides a solution that allows the immediate creation of both personalized and secure cards that meets a wide variety of needs.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy can print your badges in color, with professional high-quality and in addition to that, any type of badge can be printed; any type you want, where and when you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200, designed to help you print professional-quality color badges easily and affordably.
- The Badgy200 color printer is perfect for creating and printing personalized employee, visitor, and event badges, or library, student, and membership cards.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for designing and printing personalized employee, visitor, event badges, library, student or membership cards, and much more.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- The included Evolis Badge Studio+ software enables anyone to create great-looking professional badges without any artistic or technical training.
- This printer is compatible with both a PC or Mac operating system and also allows you to make personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Go ahead and locate your ideal free template at www.badgy.com, where you’ll find custom templates, to which you can add your own logo, text, images, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description If you will only be printing a low volume of cards, You’ll find the Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System to be a very affordable solution It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
Here’s What the Badgy System includes:
An extensive online template library
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy 200 features full-color, photographic quality printing covering the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is ideal for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
In addition, it is quite fast with a color (YMCKO) print speed of approximately 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of approximately 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Event badges