You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
Because of their extreme durability and excellent graphics, plastic cards are often used in a great number of different situations. One great example of the range of plastic cards is the technology that can be added to them. Stripes and chips enable many new applications.
Whatever you might need from them, custom printed plastic cards will deliver for you.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can prevent cards from ending up in the landfill by recycling old plastic cards.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- Any business wishing to lower its impact on the environment, should be using recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To find out about our affordable pricing, or to obtain more information, just fill out this form. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are equal, and ensuring you find the right printer for your needs necessitates a careful examination of the job ahead.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
Shop the best printer brands on our user-friendly website.
You can read honest product reviews from customers just like yourself. Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Please don’t make shopping for an ID card printer any more overwhelming than it needs to be, just simply focus on the top five key issues to reduce your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available as single or dual-sided models.
Single-sided cost less, but require manual flipping and re-printing on the backside of the cards. Dual-sided card printers are time efficient, especially with bigger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are much less expensive than other types, and they are also much more common.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies with large batches will need printers with large hopper sized, fast print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
If you own a smaller business and won’t be printing larger batches, you can save money by opting for a basic printer that doesn’t have features for high-volume printing. 4) Visible Security Elements and Lamination Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
You can also use lamination to add holograms for added security.
Less expensive methods that add visual security include watermarks, holographic cardstock and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All card printers can be connected directly to a PC using a USB cable.
If you need to connect your ID card printer to a Mac Computer, then choose a printer that has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capability. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is simply another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is another name for plastic, and while it sounds like the pipes used in construction, PVC is a durable plastic also used in the creation and printing of ID cards. A PVC card printer, therefore, can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
Transferring a design onto an ID card with a PVC card printer can be done in various ways. The most popular techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
As the card is being printed, a print head with heated thermal elements passes on top of the ribbon then the ink evaporates on the ribbon wherever ever it’s appropriate, afterward the PVC card is transferred into it,
While the card is printing, a print head with heated elements goes over the ribbon. It evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate, transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is the term use for color PVC card printers. For the same method used for black and white printing, the process is called resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or to see a demonstration of how the Badgy Printer works, please go to:
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: The Evolis Badgy200 is offered at the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer in the marketplace today.
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can just use a single-sided printer and flip the cards over to print both sides.
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides a turnkey solution for Mac or PC. The solution includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) to complete 100 prints.
You also get a free card template library which you can view at www.badgy.com, where you can choose your template and personalize it, then add-on text, photos, logos, and whatever else you want. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 lets you print your own cards completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also customize cards by importing data from a database, adding information to your card designs with one-click convenience, and doing a print run with a single command, merging the variable data.
MORE ROBUST BRANDING
The Badgy200 printer provides personalized plastic cards with professional-looking, edge-to-edge printing that will highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
All you have to do is load the cards into a feeder and then retrieve them from an output receptacle, both of which are located right in the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
COMPACT - These printers are smaller than the usual office printer, designed to easily fit into any setting without being a burden.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and you can print what you want when and where you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact design allows it to be setup anywhere in your workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to assist customers with printing professional-quality brightly colored badges with ease.
- Whether you need one card once in a while or 100 cards per day, Badgy is optimized to suit your needs.
- This color ID printer is ideal for producing customized employee visitor badges or event badges.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- This printer is compatible with both a PC or Mac operating system and also allows you to make personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can find and personalize a template of your choice at Badgy.com, adding logos, text, photos, and much more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Gift and loyalty cards
- Power supply and power cable
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 card printing software is affordable and perfect for low volume card printing applications. This printer is ideal for both experienced and novice users!
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and a USB and power connection at the back.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
In addition, it is quite fast with a color (YMCKO) print speed of approximately 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of approximately 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, in batches or one at a time: Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges